Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Boba at work

Los Angeles - For the record, I would never bobablog at work. Off the record, I'm doing it right now, and it's awesome.

I'd like to take this opportunity to revise my previous assertion that Little Tokyo is a boba-less hole. In fact, Senka Cafe in Weller Court serves some quality milk tea with boba. They don't have a lot of flavors though, which is fine by me since I stick to standard milk tea so as to have a fair point of comparison from place to place.



It was so good, in fact, that a co-worker summed up its goodness by saying, simply: "Mmmm. I. Want. More."




Me too, Giggles. Me too.



What: Senka Cafe
Where: 123 Astronaut E S Onizuka St. #103, downtown Los Angeles 90012 (Little Tokyo)
Price: $2.90 for milk tea w/ boba
Memorable bo-ment: The guy behind the counter had a tattoo of Chinese characters on his arm, and when I asked him what it meant, he muttered something about prison. I ended the conversation right about then.


Update: It should be noted that the ratio of tea:tapioca leaves much to be desired. We all ran out of balls when there was still a lot of tea left.





1 comment:

bubble tea supplier in Indonesia said...

wow... I see that boba is so expensive in los angeles. I will be very profitable to start bubblue tea business there.